Employer: Danecourt School, Argent Trust
Location: Hotel Road Gillingham, Kent. ME8 6AA
Teaching assistant to start as soon as possible on a temporary contract
Danecourt is a converted Academy Special School, based within the Medway LA, which caters for pupils ages 4-11 with moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties, many of whom have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an excellent local reputation, and was judged as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED (2012).
If you are an experienced and dedicated primary or special school classroom practitioner with a commitment to making a real and positive difference to the lives of young people, we would like to hear from you. This is a perfect professional opportunity to join a highly valued staff team as we continue to strive for ‘Outstanding’.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a recognised Teaching Assistant or Childcare qualification to Level 3 or equivalent (such as A levels)
- Have experience or an interest in working with pupils who have complex leaning needs
- Be willing to develop knowledge and skills through comprehensive training opportunities
In return we will offer you:
- A welcoming and supportive working environment with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff
- Happy, enthusiastic, amazing children who love coming to school
For further information, an application pack and to arrange an informal visit to the school, please contact Philippa Barnes, Tel: 01634 232589 or email: email@example.com
Danecourt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2018, 9am
Interview Date: Friday 23rd February 2018
How to apply
Please download the application pack below and return your completed application to the school via email.