Employer: Danecourt School, Argent Trust
Location: Hotel Road Gillingham, Kent. ME8 6AA
Class Teacher require to start as soon as possible
Danecourt is a Special School, based within the Medway LA, which caters for pupils ages 4-11 with moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties, many of whom have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an excellent local reputation, and was judged as ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED (2012).
If you are an experienced, highly motivated and outstanding primary or special school classroom practitioner with a commitment to pursuing excellence in special education, have a passion for making a real and positive difference to the lives of young people, we would like to hear from you. This is a perfect professional opportunity to join a highly valued staff team as we continue to strive for ‘Outstanding’.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a role model and inspire pupils and colleagues alike in continuing to strive for outstanding teaching and learning
- Have excellent teaching skills and the ability to differentiate curriculum provision.
- Have secure pedagogic knowledge of alternative strategies and interventions.
- Have a proven track record of ensuring pupil progress and attainment.
- Have the commitment to value our children and celebrate their achievements
- Have moral integrity and the desire to nurture our values, culture and ethos
In return we will offer you:
- A welcoming and supportive working environment with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff
- Happy, enthusiastic, amazing children who love coming to school
- Access to our comprehensive training package and the opportunity to gain further professional accreditation.
Danecourt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: 26th February 2018, 4pm
Interview Date: 8th March 2018
How to apply
For further information, an application pack and to arrange a highly recommended informal visit to the
school, please contact Philippa Barnes, Tel: 01634 232589 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, visit our school’s website on the link below