The Primary First Trust
Westcourt Primary & Nursery School, Gravesend
Deputy Headteacher required to start April/September 2018
Westcourt Primary & Nursery School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to be part of the next phase in their journey towards being an outstanding school. As part of this exciting phase of growth and development, the school are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher to start in April or September 2018. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic and motivated professional to make a very real difference to the educational lives of children. This is non-class-based role but the successful candidate will show themselves to be someone who can clearly implement and drive improvement in the teaching and leadership practice of others.
Our Deputy Head Teacher will be:
- passionate about high quality teaching, learning and assessment;
- a school leader who can demonstrate and develop high quality classroom practice;
- someone who is excited about and effective in managing change and rapid improvement for children.
The School will offer:
- a determined and vibrant staff team;
- professional improvement opportunities both within the school and the wider Trust;
- friendly and responsive children with a desire to succeed;
- parents who want to work closely with the school to drive improvement.
The school is part of the Primary First Trust, a primary only family of schools that has already demonstrated a commitment to improving standards and also working with effective professionals on career development both within their individual schools and the wider Trust.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Mags Sexton, Head Teacher, via the school office on 01474 566411 to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date:12pm on Monday 19th March 2018
Interview date: Monday 26th March 2018
Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be notified on Tuesday 20th March 2018
References will be requested from those shortlisted.
The Primary First Trust and Westcourt Primary & Nursery School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply
An application pack is attached to this advert and completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 19th March.