Inclusion Zone Supervisor
35½ hours per week term time only. Required from Easter 2018
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a pro-active, organised and self-motivated applicant to join a successful and over-subscribed secondary school to provide teaching and learning support to students. The main purpose of the post is to support students in changing their behaviour to be able to re-enter the main school population and involves supervising the Inclusion room and working one to one with students in there.
The post involves:
- Inducting children in the Zone.
- Requesting work for each lesson from teachers.
- Collecting and create a bank of resources from each department for each year group.
- Supervising the students in the Zone – visiting each child to ensure they are working every lesson.
- Helping with work queries when required.
- Undertaking rehabilitation work when appropriate.
- Sending out registers every lesson.
- Taking statements of incidents if required.
- Maintaining attendance records over time – to be shared termly with relevant staff.
- Maintaining the Zone as an orderly environment.
Candidates must have the ability to work well in a team. Confident communication and IT skills are important although training in new software programmes will be provided.
This post would additionally be suitable for applicants who are keen to gain experience prior to teaching, social work or youth work training. Similarly for those leaving the uniformed public services.
Please visit www.thomasaveling.co.uk for a full job description and an application form
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 19th March 2018
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
Short-listed candidates only will be contacted for interview shortly after the deadline
The Thomas Aveling School is an Equal Opportunities Employer – committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students – any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for all successful applicants.
How to apply
Letters of application, together with completed application form (available on the school website, see link attached) giving full details of qualifications and experience to date should be sent to:
Mr P Jackson, Headteacher, Thomas Aveling School,
Arethusa Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1 2UW
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org