1:1 TEACHING ASSISTANT
Contract: Fixed Term until July 2018 with a high possibility of continuation
Responsible to: Head of School
St. James’ Church of England Primary Academy are currently seeking to appoint a highly driven and self-motivated Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with one of our pupils. We are looking for a special practitioner who will be able to form strong relationships with both staff and pupils to enable the best progress possible for our student.
Are you motivated by the desire to transform children’s life chances no matter their starting point? If so, then this could be the position for you. St. James’ is a unique and friendly, ambitious one-form entry Church of England Primary Academy. This post is ideal for someone who wishes to contribute to a school on an innovative and exciting journey and who believes all pupils, no matter their background, deserve the best opportunities that we can offer.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Have experience of working with pupils on a 1:1 basis
- Have confidence in adapting teaching to ensure learning is accessible for individuals
- Have a proven track record of impacting on pupils’ progress and attainment
We can offer you:
- Amazing children who are eager to learn and happy to be challenged
- Supportive parents who have a desire to help the school improve
- A talented team of staff dedicated to the needs of the children
Visits to the Academy are warmly encouraged – please contact Tracy Upton on 01634 270341 to arrange a time.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants regardless of age, gender and ethnicity. Applications are welcome from all teachers who can support the ethos of our Church Academy.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children. Therefore, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: Friday 16th March 2018 Interviews: Week commencing 19th March 2018
How to apply
Please download the application form from the attached link and email completed applications to Tracy Upton, Office Manager - email@example.com