Brompton Westbrook Primary School, Kings Bastion, Brompton, ME7 5DQ, 01634 844152
KS2 Class Teacher
Brompton Westbrook Primary School is a popular and thriving school which was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in February 2015, with ‘Outstanding’ for our Early Years department. We are designated a National Support School and enjoy taking part in innovate and cutting-edge research projects to further develop the good practice we have. We are part of ‘The Westbrook Trust’ – a small but growing Trust lead by a National Leader of Education.
We are a large 3-11 Primary School with a Sure Start Children’s Centre set in a semi-rural location, less than five minutes from the Medway Tunnel. We have fantastic grounds, great links with local and national education providers and agencies, a wonderful Forest School and a thriving Nurture Group.
We are seeking to appoint a class teacher to cover a maternity leave, in the first instance, from January 2017. However, there is a strong possibility that the post may become permanent as our trust grows. We are happy to receive applications from experienced and newly qualified teachers and offer robust CPD, including coaching support and regular training opportunities. We have an innovative timetable which enables all teachers to meet in their teams every Friday afternoon from lunchtime onwards, whilst pupils engage in enrichment activities. This is in addition to PPA release time.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a recognised teacher qualification
- Have a passion for raising the achievement of all children
- Be effective communicators with staff, parents and children
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Provide and maintain a nurturing, stimulating classroom environment that promotes children’s learning and progress
- A fascination of language and vocabulary and a love of teaching!
We can offer:
- An experienced, well-trained and motivated team
- A supportive structure with specialist staff
- A highly supportive leadership team
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn
- Excellent TA support
- A well-resourced and spacious working environment
- Additional staff development opportunities
- A satisfying and highly rewarding experience!
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact Tara Barnes for further details.
The closing date for applications is 16th March 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination. Any offer of employment will be subject to references suitable to us and receipt of a satisfactory disclosure and barring service (DBS).
How to apply
Please download the attached application form and submit your completed application to Tara Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).