Contract: Part Time – Minimum of 1 day a week
Start Date: Negotiable
St. James’ Church of England Primary Academy are currently seeking to appoint a highly driven and motivated SENCO to join our well-established team for a minimum of one day per week. We are looking for a special practitioner who will help shape the future for our children by ensuring that all the needs of our pupils are met.
Are you motivated by the desire to transform children’s life chances no matter their starting point? If so, then this could be the position for you. St. James’ is a unique and friendly, ambitious one-form entry Church of England Primary Academy. This post is ideal for a SENCO who wishes to contribute to a school on an innovative and exciting journey and who believes all pupils, no matter their background, deserve the best opportunities that we can offer.
- Ensure all members of staff are able to recognise and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to SEN pupils.
- Provide training opportunities for Teaching Assistants and Teachers to learn about Inclusion, including whole-school Inset.
- Disseminate good practice in Inclusion across the school.
- Identify resources needed to meet the needs of SEN pupils and manage the SEN budget.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team and Governors on the strategic development of SEN and Inclusion, including reviewing and formulating appropriate policies.
- Support pupil progress meetings and provision mapping across the school.
- Work with LAC children within the school to ensure effective strategies where needed are implemented.
- Make applications as necessary to wider agencies based on the needs of the school.
- Liaise closely with parents.
- Ensure all tracking and monitoring systems for SEN pupils are up to date and effective.
- Liaise with the Educational Psychology service and other specialist and support agencies.
We can offer you:
- Amazing children who are eager to learn and happy to be challenged.
- Supportive parents who have a desire to help the school improve.
- A talented team of staff dedicated to the needs of the children.
- Opportunities for professional and leadership development across the family of schools in the Diocese of Rochester and The Williamson Trust.
Visits to the Academy are warmly encouraged – please contact Tracy Upton on 01634 270341 to arrange a time.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants regardless of age, gender and ethnicity. Applications are welcome from all teachers who can support the ethos of our Church Academy.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children. Therefore, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd May 2018
How to apply
Please download the application form from the link below and return to Tracy Upton - firstname.lastname@example.org