Start September 2018/January 2019
The Class Teacher will:
- teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
- maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom;
- contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and support staff, parents and governors;
- ensure that the current national conditions of employment for school teachers are met.
The Class Teacher will:
- implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
- support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
- plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
- be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
- provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
- keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
- report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
- maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
- participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
- communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
- lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
- participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers.
In September 2015 with two other local Church Schools, we formed Medway Anglican Schools Trust and we continue to build on these exciting times. For this post you must be passionate and ready for a new challenge. If you are interested then informal visits to the school are both welcomed and encouraged. We look forward to welcoming you to our ‘Small School with a Big Heart'
For further details, including the job description and full person specification please contact:
Lisa Leak, St. John's Church of England Infant School, 4 New Street, Chatham, Kent ME4 6RH.
Tel: 01634 844135 e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. John’s is committed to safer recruitment practice and the safeguarding of children. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks.
Application Close date: December2018.
Interviews commence from TBC.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.