Do you have a passion for Early Years?
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School has a fantastic opportunity for an Early Years teacher to join our friendly and supportive team.
We can offer you:
- …children who are enthusiastic and caring.
- …a dedicated mentor for the duration of your NQT year.
- … two dedicated teaching assistants
- … the chance to think creatively about your own EYFS curriculum
- …the opportunity to trial new initiatives
- …a dynamic, supportive and approachable Senior Leadership Team
- …a 100% focus on improving outcomes for all our children
- …a vibrant and fun place to work
- …an extensive benefits package
Interest from both NQTs and experienced practitioners are welcomed.
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School is a friendly, single form entry, voluntary controlled school situated in the village of Cliffe on the Hoo Peninsula, just minutes from the M2. We enjoy a peaceful, village location in a one storey building with lots of outdoor space.
Our school motto is “Playing together, learning together, growing together” and this is reinforced by the Christian ethos that underpins the school’s values.
We are at the heart of our community and use the strong links we have built up to provide context and depth to our wider learning objectives.
The children are proud of their school and their community and at St. Helen’s we provide a safe and productive learning environment for them to thrive and grow into confident contributing members of the community. We encourage our children to learn alongside and from each other. We seize upon cross curricular opportunities and make the most of our school grounds and village setting for supporting cross curricular learning to ensure that learning is memorable and fun.
We are looking for an Early Years Teacher who
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner, able to promote high standards of learning across EYFS
- Is committed to achieving and maintaining high expectations of behaviour and raising children’s achievement
- Is committed to leading curriculum innovation
- Is able to motivate and inspire children, colleagues and the wider community
- Can challenge learners of all abilities within a stimulating, vibrant learning environment, inside and outside
- Has potential to embrace the Forest School ethos
- Has a clear understanding of assessment for learning principles impacting on the progress of ALL groups of learners
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Is committed to their own professional development
We respect, value and fully invest in our staff to ensure that they have every opportunity to become outstanding teachers.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office 01634 220246. To find out more about our school please visit our website www.sthelens.medway.sch.uk or contact the Head Teacher, Mrs Steph Jarvis, (01634 220246) for an informal discussion or email email@example.com
Start Date: September 2018
Closing date: Friday 18 May 2018 at midday
Interviews: Week commencing 21 May 2018
“Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found”
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
How to apply
Please download the attached application form and email your completed application to the school - firstname.lastname@example.org