Class Teacher required for September 2018 - full time and part time considered.
Danecourt is an Outstanding Special School which caters for pupils ages 4-11 with moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties, many of whom have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an excellent local reputation and we are in an exciting phase of our development, having joined Barnsole Primary Trust in April 2018.
If you are an experienced, highly motivated and outstanding primary or special school classroom practitioner with a commitment to pursuing excellence in special education, have a passion for making a real and positive difference to the lives of young people, we would like to hear from you. This is a perfect professional opportunity to join a highly valued staff team as we continue to strive for greatness.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a role model and inspire pupils and colleagues alike in continuing to strive for outstanding teaching and learning
- Have excellent teaching skills and the ability to differentiate curriculum provision.
- Have secure pedagogic knowledge of alternative strategies and interventions.
- Have a proven track record of ensuring pupil progress and attainment.
- Have the commitment to value our children and celebrate their achievements
- Have moral integrity and the desire to nurture our values, culture and ethos
- Have SEMH experience or experience with challenging behaviour (desirable but not essential)
In return we will offer you:
- A welcoming and supportive working environment with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff
- Happy, enthusiastic, amazing children who love coming to school
- A dynamic and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Opportunities for career development across the Trust.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school on 01634 232589 to arrange a visit. Application forms are available from our website. Please send completed application forms to Philippa Barnes (Business Support Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danecourt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing Date: 22nd May 2018, midday
Interview date: 24th May 2018
How to apply
Application forms are available from our website, see link below. Please send completed
application forms to Philippa Barnes (Business Support Officer) at