Required for: September 2018
We are seeking to appoint a committed, creative and effective teacher to join or team. The post will be in the Marlborough Centre, which is a specialist provision for children with complex needs on the autistic spectrum. Hoo St Werburgh Primary School & Marlborough Centre was graded Good by Ofsted in January 2016, we are now working towards Outstanding in order to continue to achieve the very best for all our pupils.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team delivering a ‘hands on’ curriculum which gives children opportunities to make outstanding progress in their learning. A knowledge of working with children on the autistic spectrum is preferable, as well as being a consistently good or better classroom practitioner with evidence of setting appropriate expectations to advance learning by engaging and motivating pupils.
Marlborough Centre is committed to the development of all staff. Newly qualified teachers will be considered for this post and full support will be provided.
You should have:
- Qualified Teacher Status or working towards
- a passion for ensuring that all children should be able to achieve their potential whatever their additional needs
- excellent teaching skills and the adaptability to facilitate learning in areas of the curriculum beyond your own specialist subject as required
- a good understanding of the acquisition of literacy, numeracy, language and social skills and the knowledge and ability to develop and deliver programmes to support the development of these skills.
- good communication skills
We can offer you
- Excellent professional development and support
- A well-resourced specialist provision
- Care First
- Child Care Vouchers
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment
If this position interests, you and you want to know more you are very welcome to visit.
Closing Date: 21st May 2018
Interviews: 24th May 2018
How to apply
For further details, including the job description and full person specification please contact Mrs Karen Green: on 01634 338080 for more information and to view the school