Required as soon as possible
We are currently seeking an Administration Officer to work 34.5 hours per week, term time only plus five staff development days, to provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative and organisational support service to our large and friendly primary school.
The working hours will be 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30am to 4:00pm on Fridays. There may also be the possibility of a part-time receptionist role which would be lunchtimes and afternoons only, so please indicate if you might also like to be considered for this role.
This is a highly pressurised role with conflicting demands, so applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A good general level of education with GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Punctuality and suitably presented
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Proven experience as a school administrative assistant or school office assistant (desirable although not essential)
- Proficiency in MS Office package, knowledge of SIMS and/or Parentmail is a definite advantage
- A willingness to take a lead on Attendance procedures, monitoring and liaison with the Local Authority Attendance Adviser
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for dealing with enquiries from pupils, parents, teachers and outside agencies
- Enthusiasm and a positive, professional attitude
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Resilience and a good sense of humour!
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
- Applicants must be able to work as a proactive member of the school team and take direction from SLT and office manager
Offer of appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Scheme Disclosure.
Please telephone the school for an application form, or e-mail Julie Trundle, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 13 February at 5:00pm
How to apply
Please telephone the school for an application form, or e-mail Julie Trundle, School Business Manager at email@example.com or download the application form from the link below and return to the school at the above email address.