37 hours per week- flexible times to include some late evenings and weekends
The Academy of Woodlands is a community facility consisting of a Primary School, Nursery, Sports Centre, Gymnasium and Arts Centre.
We are looking to recruit an Arts and Sports manager who will be responsible for managing the Arts & Sports facilities. You will report directly to the Senior Management team.
The successful candidate must have relevant management experience and have at least 3 years’ experience in a customer/client facing role.
- manage a team of staff
- organise staffing for events and arranging cover for Arts & Sports staff annual leave and sickness
- manage client expectations and deal with any problems that arise
- you will be required to work flexible hours that will include late evenings and weekends
- covering the reception desk and taking bookings
- be responsible for managing the payments system for lettings of all facilities (training will be provided)
- arranging quotations for events
- liaise with other managers/staff in the school
- attending events and locking up of premises
- marketing of facilities
- checking maintenance of equipment in all hired areas and arranging for any necessary work to be carried out
- theatre management – ordering tickets for events, lighting and sound, managing FOH staff and fire marshalls
- responsible for the ongoing training of the arts and sports staff
- proven record of excellent customer service with at least 3 years relevant experience.
- strong inter-personal skills – committed to building collaborative and effective working relationships both internally and externally; open communication style and a commitment to teamwork.
- digital marketing experience preferred
- managing budgets
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent written and communications skills
- willingness to learn, understand and apply new processes and technologies. Innovative and creative in approach
- a full driving licence
- holding a personal licence would be an advantage however the willingness to undertake training would be essential
- first aid at work and certificate or the willingness to undertake the necessary training
The Academy of Woodlands is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
PLEASE NOTE TO COMPY WITH SAFEGUARDING REQUIREMENTS ONLY APPLICANTS THAT SEND A FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED
Closing date for applications: 18th March 2019
Interview date: 21st March 2019
Start date: To be agreed with successful applicants
How to apply
If you believe you have the skills required, please apply through the School Website or via the link below