The Rowans Alternative Provision Academy, rated Outstanding Part of The Inspiring Change Multi-Academy Trust
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional administrative assistant to support our school team with all aspects of reception and administrative duties. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the school, dealing with all visitors, pupils and staff and will be an integral part of The Rowans’ daily operation.
The Rowans is an alternative provision providing an exciting and highly personalised, holistic education for 11-16 year olds who have either been permanently excluded from mainstream schools or who have an Education and Health Care Plan for Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
The Rowans converted to academy status as part of The Inspiring Change MAT, a multi-academy trust created specifically to address the shortfall in specialist alternative provision. Although the Rowans is the only provision within our MAT, we are looking to expand and this is a great opportunity to be part of an inspiring team at an exciting time.
- Be experienced, organised, energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic.
- Have experience of undertaking a range of administrative duties.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of a range of IT programmes including Microsoft Office and school management software (eg. SIMS/School Comms).
- Have, or be willing to undertake training, in First Aid.
- Be able to work with initiative and to tight deadlines and to show resilience under pressure.
- Have a broad understanding of the local education landscape and in particular the needs of pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Have a commitment to their own continuing professional development.
In return we can offer:
- An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
- Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
- A supportive and visionary leadership group.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd March 2019. Interviews will be held w/c 25th March 2019.
How to apply
Application packs can be downloaded from our website (see link) or download the application form at the bottom of the page and completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org